Are you ready to explore the innovative side of shipping? Applying your data skills in a real-world setting where data is the foundation of decision making? As the Student Assistant in Market Research, you'll work alongside experienced professionals, gaining invaluable mentorship and expanding your knowledge in this specialized field. You get to explore market dynamics, identify emerging trends, and contribute fresh ideas that will shape the future of our shipping strategies.
What is in it for you
As our future colleague and Student Assistant in the Market Research team you will work in close collaboration with a diverse group of stakeholders in an inspiring work culture characterized by being high-spirited, flexible, and fun. You will work in an especially close collaboration with Szilvia Andó, Commercial Researcher.
The teams’ daily responsibility is to structure, visualize and analyse data and identify key drivers in the dry bulk market as well as develop new strategies around how we work with data to support NORDEN’s trading activities in the best way possible.
And talking about data, data is an important strategic pillar in NORDEN’s culture. Combining shipping and trade market research, data is a vital foundation for our decision making. You will aid in ensuring constant and high-quality data and visualisation within the company thereby enabling our different profit centres to form knowledge-based trades and strategies.
The tasks that await you
You will have the opportunity to assist in the development of our market strategy and get to apply your theoretical knowledge in practice. To be more specific the position holds a great opportunity to:
- Collect, structure, and organize data related to dry bulk shipping market trends.
- Create and maintain PowerBI reports and dashboards.
- Assist in monitoring news, industry publications relevant to the dry bulk shipping sector
- Assist in utilizing and interpreting algorithmic models explaining and predicting the future market.
- Analyse and deep dive into various market-related topics.
- Look into research and strategic meeting preparation.
Your competencies and core qualifications
Besides the above, to thrive as our future Student Assistant, it is important that you can see yourself in the below statements:
- You are enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree. Most likely within shipping, logistics, or business.
- You have a natural interest in analytics.
- You possess good Danish & English communications skills
- You are curious and interested in learning more about the shipping industry
NORDEN is a leading trading-oriented shipping company at the heart of global trade. By leveraging frontier technologies in combination with global expertise and local insights, we enable smarter global trade with trusted, efficient, and responsible solutions to customers all over the world, while being committed to aide our customers in decarbonizing their supply chains. With a rich heritage and deeply rooted values, we are a true people-business with high standards within diversity, equity, and inclusion, empowering our employees to release their full potential.
Please upload your application, resume, and relevant diplomas via our website as soon as possible and no later than December 10th 2023. We review applications and interview candidates on an ongoing basis.
NORDEN values diversity in thought, educational background, and professional competencies and therefore encourages all qualified candidates to apply for the position.
Were you missing anything in this job ad? Please share your feedback with us here.